- And another vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL) aircraft takes to the sky, this time it was the first successful test flight of the Lilium Electric VTOL Taxi. The Lilium Electric VTOL Taxi will have a range of 187 miles and a top speed of 187 MPH. It would be an on-demand, all-electric airway taxi system that is quiet and free of traffic. [CleanTechnica]
- “This Earth Day, 100 percent clean energy is 100 percent possible” • More than 25 US cities, 12 countries, and at least 89 companies have all committed to transition to 100% renewable energy. It is time to recognize that with the right mix of clean energy technologies and solutions, 100% renewable is 100% possible. [Environmental Defense Fund]
- Coral reefs aren’t just threatened by pollution, acidification, and rising temperatures. In some places, erosion of the seafloor is undermining them, US Geological Survey scientists said in a new study that looked at reefs in Florida, the Caribbean and Hawaii. In some sites, the reefs can’t keep pace with sea level rise. [Summit County Citizens Voice]
- The Florida House and Senate are set to take up proposals to carry out a voter-approved expansion of a renewable-energy tax break, as bill language seems to be more agreeable to solar proponents. They are working on the proposals to carry out a renewable-energy constitutional amendment, which voters approved. [Orlando Weekly]
- Volkswagen AG has been sentenced to 3 years probation by a US federal judge in relation to the $4.3 billion diesel emissions cheating scandal. That includes independent oversight of the company. The company released a statement acknowledging fault and saying, “Volkswagen today is not the same company it was 19 months ago” [CleanTechnica]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.