BOSTON – EPA and the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) are honoring 12 New England businesses and organizations for their commitment to saving energy, saving money, and protecting the environment through superior energy efficiency achievements. Recipients of the 2017 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year Award include: Beacon Capital Partners of Boston, Efficiency Vermont, NH CORE Utilities of Manchester, N.H., and National Grid in Mass. and R.I.
Across the country, EPA and DOE are honoring 143 businesses and organizations in 34 states and the District of Columbia for their superior energy efficiency achievements. In 2015 alone, ENERGY STAR and all of its partners saved American families and businesses $34 billion on energy bills, while helping states achieve their air quality goals.
2017 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year Awardees in New England:
• Beacon Capital Partners LLC (Boston, Mass.), Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence in Energy Management
• Chinburg Properties (Newmarket, N.H.), Partner of the Year – New Home Builder
• Efficiency Vermont (Burlington, Vt.), Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence in Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
• Energize Connecticut in partnership with Eversource, United Illuminating, Connecticut Natural Gas, and Southern Connecticut Gas (Hartford, Conn.), Partner of the Year – Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
• EnerNOC, Inc. (Boston, Mass.), Partner of the Year – Service and Product Provider
• GDS Associates (Manchester, N.H.), Partner of the Year – Home Energy Rater
• National Grid (MA) (Waltham, Mass.), Award for Excellence in ENERGY STAR Promotion
• National Grid (RI) (Providence, R.I.), Partner of the Year – Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
• NH CORE Utilities (Manchester, N.H.), Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence in Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
• Raytheon Company (Waltham, Mass.), Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence in Energy Management
• Staples the Office Superstore, LLC (Framingham, Mass.), Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence in Energy Management
• The Lighting and Products Sponsors of Mass Save (Boston, Mass.), Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence in Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
The awards will be presented in Washington, DC, at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel on April 26. Anne Pramaggiore, ComEd President and CEO, will give the partner keynote presentation.
Partner of the Year: Sustained Excellence: The 97 Sustained Excellence winners have demonstrated continued leadership over several years in the ENERGY STAR program and in achieving environmental protection through superior energy efficiency.
Partner of the Year: Thirty-seven organizations have been awarded the Partner of the Year Award for comprehensively managing their energy use, promoting ENERGY STAR products and practices in their own operations, and providing energy-efficient products and services to their customers.
Excellence: Nine winners are receiving recognition for demonstrating outstanding promotion of energy-efficient products, homes, or buildings.
Read more about each award winner’s achievements: www.energystar.gov/awardwinners
ENERGY STAR has 16,000 partners working to protect the environment through greater energy efficiency, including manufacturers, retailers, public schools, hospitals, real estate companies, and home builders. Since 1992, ENERGY STAR and its partners have saved American families and businesses $430 billion on their energy bills and 4.6 trillion kilowatt-hours of energy, while achieving broad emissions reductions—including 2.8 billion metric tons of greenhouse gas emissions. For 25 years, EPA’s ENERGY STAR program has been America’s resource for saving energy and protecting the environment. Join the millions already making a difference at energystar.gov .