- For the first time, the UK’s wind turbines have set a record by generating more than 10,000 MW of electricity. This has given RenewableUK cause for celebration. The record of 10,104 MW was set between 2:00 and 2:30 pm on December 7, during which time wind provided 23% of Britain’s total electricity demand. [Blue & Green Tomorrow]
- A memo obtained by the Center for Media and Democracy outlining Donald Trump’s energy agenda for when he takes Office next January has revealed the full extent to which Donald Trump is going to lay waste to America’s climate record and clean energy industry. It lists 14 key energy and environment policies planned. [CleanTechnica]
- In a document obtained by Bloomberg, President-elect Donald Trump’s transition team asked the Energy Department how it can help keep nuclear reactors “operating as part of the nation’s infrastructure” and what it could do to prevent them from being forced out of the market by cheaper natural gas and renewable resources. [Bloomberg]
- A new NRDC report finds that the transition from fossil fuels to clean energy is irrevocably underway. Several major utilities interviewed by S&P Global Market Intelligence indicated that their fossil fuel retirement and clean energy investment plans have not changed because of the recent election results. [Natural Resources Defense Council]
- Air pollution in Paris has hit dangerous levels prompting city officials to curb car use and make public transport free of charge until Friday. The city’s Metro and bus services have been free since Tuesday and set days of travel have been allocated for cars with odd and even numbers, in an attempt to reduce levels of pollutants. [CNN]
Smog in Paris
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.